• 오늘의 동영상
  • Home > 온라인강좌 > 오늘의 동영상    
글제목
 FIVE DAYS AT MEMORIAL
작성자
 이** (jean)
글내용

Description: 

Chronicling the impact of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath on a hospital. When the floodwaters rise, power fails and heat soars, exhausted caregivers at a New Orleans hospital are forced to make decisions that will follow them for years to come. 

허리케인 카트리나의 영향과 그 여파를 병원에 기록한 것. 홍수가 나고, 정전이 되고, 열이 치솟으면, 뉴올리언스 병원의 지친 간병인들은 앞으로 몇 년 동안 그들을 따를 결정을 내려야 한다. 

Transcription: 

After we survived hurricane Katrina. We thought that we could survival anything. And we were wrong. They found 45 dead bodies there. Now does that make any sense to you?

I’m under a great deal of pressure to look into what happened. There were five days the most ungodly conditions. 

We are getting all of these patients out of here. We are nurses and we're going to get it done. As long as we don't get left behind. We have to be realistic about the situation. There is nothing else to do for them. Except to make them comfortable. So, what are we talking about? They asked me to look into the deaths at memorial medical center. The attorney general's office is focusing their investigation on you. They’re suggesting that some of their patients’ lives may have been ended. I am sure that patients do not suffer pain. Some people were afraid of people. Outside of the hospital. But for me, it was the other way around. If you would give them choice between comforting patient. Possibly quickening his death or abandoning patients to suffer a slow death. What would you choose to do? All I did was try to help people that is all I did. 

허리케인 카트리나에서 살아남은 후에요 우리는 무엇이든 살아남을 수 있다고 생각했다. 우리가 틀렸죠. 그들은 그곳에서 45구의 시체를 발견했다. 이제 그게 무슨 말인지 알겠어? 나는 무슨 일이 일어났는지 조사해야 한다는 엄청난 압박감에 시달리고 있다. 

가장 경건하지 않은 조건이 5일 있었다. 이 환자들 전부 여기서 내보내야 해 우리는 간호사이고 우리는 그것을 끝낼 것이다. 우리가 뒤처지지 않는 한. 우리는 그 상황에 대해 현실적이어야 한다. 

그들을 위해 할 수 있는 다른 것은 아무것도 없다. 그들을 편안하게 해주는 것 말고는요. 그럼, 무슨 얘기 하는 거야? 그들은 나에게 현충원에서의 죽음을 조사해 달라고 부탁했다. 검찰총장실에서 자네에게 수사 초점을 맞추고 있네 환자들 중 일부가 죽었단 걸 암시하고요 나는 환자들이 고통을 겪지 않는다고 확신한다. 

어떤 사람들은 사람들을 두려워했다. 병원 밖에서요 하지만 저에게는 그 반대였습니다. 환자를 위로할 수 있는 선택권을 주신다면요 아마도 그의 죽음을 앞당기거나 느린 죽음을 겪기 위해 환자들을 버렸을 것이다. 당신은 무엇을 선택하겠습니까? 내가 한 일은 사람들을 도우려는 것뿐이다. 

Description: 

1. What have they survived from? 

2. What do you think is behind the story? 

3. What do you think is most difficult about being a nurse?

작성일자
2022-08-05 오전 10:55:36
첨부파일
Uploaded File : 20220805105537_GTOLZ.jpg